How to tell if you have a faulty belt tensioner
06 silverado belt squeaking again, only seems to do it when truck is not idling, not bad but gets much worse when it rains or run through car wash, changed serp. and ac belt last week that quieted it down for a few days, must be the tensioner or idler pulley?... how do I tell if the engine pulley on my craftsman mower is bad?? belt is smoking around the engine pulley. Does this indicate problem with engine pulley or i. Report This by Manage My Life. December 19th, 2011 . Does this indicate prblem with engine pulley or is this indicative of idler pulley problem?? I have replaced the blade spindlers. Model number of mower is 917.270920. Share it! Get
What is an Idler Pulley? (with pictures) wisegeek.com
Serpentine belt problems usually result from one of three causes: a defective belt tensioner; misalignment of a pulley; or, defective bearings in the tensioner, idler, or one of accessories driven by the belt (including the water pump).... 2011-11-04 · I think my tensioner pulley bearing is going. The one going to my crank and WP. I will disconnect that belt and see if I still hear the sound. Anyone know the cheapest place to purchase this? I saw on GM direct about $52.
how to know if idler pulley is bad 2006 Chrysler Town
2011-06-10 · How do I know if alternator pulley is bad. Hi, On my wife's '00 Jetta TDI with 174,000miles, I get the 'noise' everyone is talking about when the ac is on. Many people said it's the alt pulley. Someone said to check the alt pulley, stick a screw driver in the vanes to prevent it from rotating in one direction. I did this and the pulley only rotates in one direction--as it should. Now, does how to write an editors note Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Drive Belt Tensioner. Yourmechanic.com How to Diagnose a Bad or Failing Drive Belt Tensioner? A drive belt tensioner is a pulley mounted on a spring mechanism or adjustable pivot point that is used to keep tension on the engine belts.
How to Replace a Serpentine Belt 13 Steps (with Pictures)
2010-06-01 · The pulley is not a simple solid pulley as many of us may be used to on older cars. There is a bearing pack and a clutch. That pulley seems to be especially problematic for many people. But if the noise goes away after removing the accessory belt, check each of the pulleys for play. It seems that the two most likely culprits of noise are the tensioner and alternator pulley. The alternator pulleys seem to … how to set up metal ray satellite renderingin 3d max 2013-05-11 · Bad serpentine belt or belt tensioner? It's possible that both are bad as is the idler pulley. Once the belt is off, you can put your hand on the pulleys and feel the edges for anything that is deformed or sharp edged. You can also spin the tensioner and idler pulleys. If they move in any way other than very smoothly, replace them, they aren't that expensive. Obviously, the belt is toast
How long can it take?
Belt Tensioner Bad Dodge Dakota Forum
- How do you tell if you have a bad serpentine belt
- Tensioner Pulley Squeal Mustang Forums at StangNet
- Chevrolet Silverado 1999-2006 How to Replace A/C Belt
- Bad serpentine belt or belt tensioner? Yahoo Answers
How To Tell If Tensioner Pulley Is Bad
2011-02-01 · the tensioner pulley (which I think you're referring to) is fine, there's no side to side play, but the tensioner itself moves slightly, or rather it pivots on the bolt slightly so if there's a bad bearing I think it has to be the tensioner itself rather than the pulley attached to it.
- Call the parts store. They will be able to tell you if the pulley is available separately or not.
- 2013-05-11 · Bad serpentine belt or belt tensioner? It's possible that both are bad as is the idler pulley. Once the belt is off, you can put your hand on the pulleys and feel the edges for anything that is deformed or sharp edged. You can also spin the tensioner and idler pulleys. If they move in any way other than very smoothly, replace them, they aren't that expensive. Obviously, the belt is toast
- On vehicles with a belt-driven fan, the fan clutch can make or break your engine. Here's how to tell if your fan clutch is going bad.
- Usually a bad or failing tensioner will produce a few symptoms that can alert the driver of a potential problem that should be serviced. 1. Grinding or squeaking noise from the belts or tensioner. The most common symptom of a bad or failing drive belt tensioner is noise from the belts or tensioner.